A blog for the kind-hearted cook.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

Perfect for a fall brunch!

I usually hate fall and winter but every once and a while you will get a sunny, warm day that feels just like summer with the added bonus of beautiful fall foliage that makes me semi-somewhat-kinda like fall. Those days just call for a fall treat.

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins:
I adapted this recipe from Isa Chandra-Moskowitz's recipe
HERE.

The changes I made included
:
  • Instead of a loaf pan I used a muffin tin (the kind that makes MEGA size muffins- it made 6)
  • Instead of: 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves = I just added pumpkin pie spice to the same ratio.
  • I added a 1/4 cup more sugar because I like my chocolate SWEET!
  • I added a few more chocolate chips because you can never have too many of those!
  • I used vegetable oil- not canola or coconut.
  • The muffins take about 20 minutes- a lot less time than the loaf recipe, so watch the clock!

These muffins are SO MOIST. They literally melt in your mouth. And the semi-melted, gooey chocolate chips are amazing. Don't expect a chocolatey-cupcake type flavor though, the chocolate is much more subdued so you can taste the pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment